Monday, January 23, 2012

Before and After: Desk



I spent a long time looking for a great desk that would provide a good amount of storage, have a classic look, and at a decent price. After a few months of searching, I found this piece on craigslist for $35! Full of potential and in a nearby neighborhood. I loved the fact that it needed some work, because then I was able to customize it to be just what I wanted.


needed some love all over


I started off by sanding down the whole thing. That took the most time, by far. Then I spray painted the entire thing with a glossy white. I took the drawers out and sprayed them a mustard yellow. I was going to look around for blue glass knobs and handles like these ones from Anthropolgie, but didn't feel like spending the time or money.



I ended up spray painting the hardware it came with a deep teal that I already had laying around. I love the way it came out!

No comments: